Moment fire gutted Unity FM in Abakiliki while staff were in the studio –
Fire broke out Monday at the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria’s Unity FM, Abakiliki in Ebonyi.
The fire started while staff were in the studio. It destroyed the production studio but no life was lost.
NAN reported that the General Manager of the station, Mr Rex Eze, said the fire started at the production studio and burnt it completely.
Eze said the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
He said that various items, including computers, laptops, furniture, and electrical appliances were damaged by the fire.
“There was a bang shortly after our engineers changed from public power line to the generator.
“I thanked God that the fire did not affect the transmitter, the live studio and my office,” Eze said.
The Head of the Ebonyi State Fire Service, Mr Raphael Ibiam, who also confirmed the incident, described the fire outbreak as sad.
He said, however, that firemen were able to put off the fire before it could cause more damage.
Watch video below….